Wednesday, July 6, 2016

36 Week Check-Up

Today I had my 36 week check-up. Let's just say, things are happening and I'm praying Emmie hangs on a little longer because I've got some meals to make!

In the last 2 days I've had 3 or 4 real contractions and I'm definitely starting to feel more pressure in my pelvis. At my appointment, she checked for strep B and also let me know I am 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced (baby girl is very low).

I saw the nurse practitioner today and when she asked if I had any concerns, I asked her what I should do if I go into labor at home and can't make it to the hospital. (For those that don't remember my labor with Isaiah was about 4 hours and Maci's was only 2. So if we continue down that pattern, I may have very little time to get the kids taken care of and to the hospital.) Her response: to push slow and hard to prevent tearing and when Emmie's out get her dry with clean towels and get her right on my skin to start nursing. She also said to make sure I massage my lower abdomen to help prevent hemorrhaging and then tie off the chord with a shoe string. She also suggested getting in the tub if I can because it will be easier to clean up.

I felt almost crazy asking this question but I'm very thankful for doctors and nurses that take me seriously and understand that a home delivery is very much a possibility. Still praying we make it to the hospital though!

Other stats:
Baby Heartbeat: 164 bpm
Belly: 36 weeks
Blood Pressure: 114/69
Weight gain: 37 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment