Monday, February 1, 2016

Fourteen


Weeks along: 14

Baby Size: Lemon (though, Isaiah said my stomach is the size of a watermelon. Thanks bud.)

Biggest Craving This Week: Blue Gatorade, watermelon, steak, and this sausage bake (which includes a lot of things that just taste so good to me right now - meat, sweet potatoes, potatoes and broccoli.)

Morning sickness: This week I started throwing up AFTER I ate my morning toast so I gave that up and have been doing so much better. Woop!

Other Symptoms: Headaches and tirrrrred and hungry. So hungry. Maci decided it was a good idea to wake me up in the middle of the night the other night to tell me she had a stuffy nose. After I she went back to bed, I couldn't sleep because I was so hungry. I got out of bed around 3 and ate goldfish in the pantry. So not ready for these midnight snacks. Also, my skin is breaking out all the time. Pregnancy really isn't my friend. It's a complete out of body experience for me. Nothing behaves the way it's supposed to - my skin, my body, my brain, nothing. Every pregnancy for me,  the biggest thing they've all had in common is that I just don't feel like myself. Just being honest!

Currently Reading: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

Exercise: Still jogging a little and going to my weekly kickboxing class.

New This Week: I found out I'm low iron this pregnancy. I've never had low iron but I guess it explains my meaty cravings. I see my doctor on Wednesday - we'll see what she suggests.

14 Week Check-Up Update:
Heartbeat: 153 BPM
Weight Gain: 3 lbs.
20 Week Ultrasound: March 14th!!
Iron: It was flagged for low but it is not low enough to need an additional supplement. In fact, it was most likely low because I had my blood drawn when I could hardly eat anything, let alone take my pre-natal in the mornings.

1 comment:

  1. Have you researched adding collagen into your diet? I slip it into smoothies, teas coffees. If you buy the one that doesn't gel up it works well for that and helps with joint pains and such! Or bone broth...same thing just takes longer to make :)

    ReplyDelete