Thursday, March 19, 2015
Easy [5 Ingredient] Drop Biscuits
I made these super yummy and simple drop biscuits the other day. I am no baker so when i found this recipe and how easy it was, I figured they'd be a flop. They weren't. Super moist and buttery. We will definitely make these again!Ingredients
4 ounces (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch pieces and refrigerated1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (8 ounces)2 teaspoons baking powder1 teaspoon kosher salt3/4 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; alternatively grease a baking sheet with butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Toss butter into the dry ingredients until coated with flour. Working quickly and using your fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut butter into flour until it resembles coarse meal. Alternatively, add flour mixture and butter to food processor and pulse 2 to 3 times to form pea-sized pieces; transfer to a large bowl. (I skipped the food processor part.)
4. Add milk and stir with a fork until it just comes together into a slightly sticky, shaggy dough.
5. For small biscuits: Using a teaspoon or small ice cream scoop, mound walnut sized balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet. For large biscuits: Using a 1/4-cup measuring scoop, mound balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake biscuits until golden brown, about 15 minutes for small biscuits and 20 minutes for large ones. Let cool slightly, then transfer to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. (My large ones cooked for about 22 minutes.)