Thursday, March 6, 2014
BBQ Chicken Pizza | From Scratch
I've compared my pizza dough recipe to a few of my friends and they're all basically the same. Here's mine:
1 cup warm water
1 packet active dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Mix the dry yeast and sugar in the cup of warm water. Place aside.
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the water/yeast/sugar mixer to the bowl along with the olive oil.
4. Mix until it becomes evenly doughy. (I use my hands)
Place a damp towel over the top of the bowl and let it rise for 30 minutes (or more). Roll out on a pizza tray.
Now for the good stuff...
1. Spread barbeque sauce of your choice evenly over the dough. I usually use 1/4 - 1/2 cup.
2. Finely chop 1/4 cup of spinach. Sprinkle half of it on the sauce.
3. Add cheese. I usually prefer a Monterey Jack/mozzarella mixer but whatever you like or have is fine.
4. Add 1/2 - 1 cup of cooked chicken. I usually just thaw some from my bulk meat cooking.
5. Top with 4-6 sliced mini peppers (or two large bell peppers) and the rest of the spinach.
6. Sprinkle with a touch of cilantro.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
**Note: I add spinach to give the pizza a little more nutrients. Since spinach doesn't have a whole lot of flavor it can easily be added and go unnoticed if chopped finely enough.