Thursday, August 15, 2013

Dare I say...POTTY TRAINED?!?!?!


I am so proud of our little man. He is (pretty much) potty trained! He did it! The switch everyone said would go off [finally] did! And it's incredible. We go through WAY less diapers and even started buying 3's instead of 4's to accommodate Maci's littleness. There are still accidents and underwear does still get thrown away sometimes but overall, he's doing GREAT. He tells me when he needs to go but I still make him go frequently to be careful, especially when we're out and about.

How did we do it? Well, we didn't really. He did. I always encouraged the go but he usually said, "No, thanks." Then about two weeks ago at church I said, "Do you want to go on the big church potty?" He thought that was the coolest and went mostly on the potty for the next two days. He got 1 m&m for pee and 2 for poop. When I get a feeling he needs to poop (for some reason it's harder for him to understand when to go to the potty to poop) I let him sit on the potty with his ipad or I sit and read books to him. By the third day we were in underwear and pull-ups at night. Most nights he wakes up dry and asks to go potty. Say whaaat??? The hardest part has been keeping Maci from crawling all over him while he's on the potty (hehe) and, if I'm being totally honest, not getting frustrated when he has accidents. I don't want to make him feel bad - he's still learning after all. I kept telling myself I'm going to celebrate the small victories which soon became big victories and now we have far more "WOOO-HOOO'S" than "uh-oh's." I'm thrilled. A little sad because he's growing up but seriously, I'm not complaining.

Way to go, buddy! Mommy and daddy are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment