Sunday, July 22, 2012

30 Weeks!




And I feel pretty darn good. But I am definitely getting squished and a little more tired every day. I have to maneuver my body a little differently now so I don't get the wind knocked out of me or squish Maci. I also think she's positioned how Isaiah was...head down, and facing to my right but thankfully she is not on my tailbone as much. Most of my pregnancy symptoms are the same as before but I am starting to get more BH contractions throughout the day and night.

We're starting to feel really ready to meet this little girl. There are a lot of new babies around (friends' babies and at church...oh my!) and I get so excited. I LOVE the baby stage...just as much as I love the toddler stage. Heck, I just love my kids and I can't wait to meet this one. It amazes me every day that I have NO IDEA what Maci will look like or act like but God has designed her perfectly to fit in our little family. It's going to be so fun!

I got my iron levels back this week and I scored a little lower than with Isaiah. The "standard range" is 36-46 and I scored 36 so I decided to start supplementing with AIM Leaf Greens (along with Barley Life which I've been taking all pregnancy) and just after 3 days of taking that I can tell a difference in my energy levels. Isn't it amazing what a little good nutrition can do for you? I've also been adding spinach and/or kale to everything so that's making a difference as well. I haven't been a huge meat eater this pregnancy. With Isaiah I just wanted steak and cheeseburgers. And while those sound delicious, my taste is more for fruit, salads, eggs, etc. And I'm also getting a little more of a sweet tooth! :)

I have to say overall my nutrition has been better this pregnancy. I'm not saying it was bad with Isaiah and I'm definitely not saying I don't indulge in some chocolate covered almonds now and then (or every day). But I will say I pay more attention to exactly what kinds and how much food I put in my body. I think I owe that to Isaiah. Since he started solids I research nutrition quite a bit more (even though I was pretty into it before). But because his health is SO important to me I'm a little bit of a fanatic and Darren and I are reaping the benefits as well. Cheers to green juice and [mostly] clean eating! ;)

I've also reached that point this week where I need to stop looking at 1st trimester/pre-pregnancy pictures. Ugh. I really was a skinny little thing. I keep telling myself it will go back - I did it before, I can do it again. I will feel good about myself again! (repeat) ;) I know it's worth the weight but I think I'm just one of those people that doesn't feel pretty when pregnant. That's OK, though. I make cute kids. I don't have to be cute anymore.

Here's baby girl's blurb:


Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

2 comments:

  1. How great is that! Ya for good nutrition mama!!! I'm embarrassed to say that my nutrition has not been great this time around....then my midwife had a come to Jesus talk with me....now I'm back! :))

    And seriously, you look amazing.....not huge at all. Before I read your post, I was thinking of how great you looked in your pic :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But don't you think the beginning is so tough to always be healthy because very few foods even sound good? Ugh. Hope you're feeling better. I want to hear all about your appointment! We need a play date soon!

      Delete