Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Isaiah is 15 months old!


And he's turning into such a kid! He's losing a lot of things that make him a baby and a part of me is so sad but I also love watching him blossom into such a handsome, fun-loving little man.

He weighs 26.6 lbs and is 32.25 inches tall, which puts him in the 85th percentile for both. When Dr. Delgado walked in he saw his shoes on the table and said, "whoa." I said, I know, he has monster feet. :) He's in a size 6 - 6.5 already. Based on that and how big he's been throughout the year, doc thinks he'll be a tall kid. This makes me laugh since Isaiah's nickname since birth has been "little."

He's doing great developmentally. Walking/running, communicating (he says 17 words. 17!!!), fine motor skills, etc. He loves to dance and be outside all the time (he will go to the closet and bring me my shoes when he wants go out). He interacts more with kids of all ages - he likes to give babies toys and hugs. He now wrestles (yes, WRESTLES) with his cousins and anyone else laying on the floor. He throws fits too. I've actually put him in timeout once and he stayed there. Most of the time though I just walk away until he's done. Discipline is hard. I know it's necessary and even though I want to give in most of the time, I know life will be better if I don't (especially with a sibling on the way). So I just take it one temper tantrum at a time. :)

Dr. Delgado recommended a book called, "Positive Discipline" and it talks about proper discipline based on personalities. He has a 2 year old girl and baby boy due in July so he and his wife are preparing for the same kind of crazy we are. It was nice that he recommended something that he's found personally useful. I just might check it out!

Regardless of the tantrums (which really aren't that often), I just can't stop loving and laughing with this boy! He is hilarious, silly, busy, bossy, gentle, kind, sweet, loving, and curious. I'm so lucky to be his mama (and best friend)!

No comments:

Post a Comment