Wednesday, May 23, 2012

21 Weeks and Nesting Already!

Is it really any surprise? For those of you that really know me, I love to plan, I love to organize, I love to clean, and I love to decorate. I've been dreaming up baby #2's room since I took the at home test so when we found out she's a girl, it was time to execute! So this last week was spent starting to decorate the nursery. We still need to get furniture for Isaiah so we haven't moved the crib in there yet but the painting is done, curtains are hung, and my mother-in-law is making the bedding. We're very excited!
The wall art I made for above the crib.

This week was not only exciting because we started decorating, but because Darren got to feel her kick (she's just as wiggly as her brother) and we picked her name: Maci Abigail. This was mostly Darren's choice and I have to say, the name couldn't be more perfect! I can't wait to see what personality will go with such a sweet name.

This is the fabric I picked out for the bumper my mother-in-law is sewing.

Mama's big ol' baby gut!

At this point, I'm really reminding myself to ENJOY this part of the pregnancy because it really is the easiest, most comfortable phase. I feel huge but know I'm going to get much bigger. I feel tired but know I am at least comfortable enough to sleep. I feel hungry but know eating regularly sized meals toward the end is impossible. I am peeing often and I wake up twice each night already but I remember just how much more ridiculous that gets.

This pregnancy is going by very quickly so I'm trying to savor any quiet moments we have to feel her kick, dream up her personality, wonder if she'll have blonde curls like Isaiah, plot how to protect her from her first heartbreak, and anticipate how her arrival will add to our already blossoming family. Oh my sweet little Maci, mommy can't wait to meet you!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Maci!!! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I love the name, nursery art & fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet name and I LOVE the fabric and colors :0 xo

    ReplyDelete