Sunday, April 1, 2012

14 Weeks


Wow. This is already going by really fast. But, of course, when I'm 40 weeks, huge, and still pregnant I reserve the right to change my mind. Right now I'm feeling much better. I've been sleeping REALLY well which is such a welcomed change. I definitely have more energy to get through the day and I am so thankful. With Isaiah I didn't get energy back until like...18 weeks? Don't get me wrong, I'm still tired and nauseous at times. But I'm easing out of this phase much more quickly than last time. Hooray!

I'm starting to feel SO HUNGRY! I'm not sure if my body is just excited to be eating again or if my body is already getting to the hungry pregnant woman phase. A few things I've really been drawn to are cobb salads, pad thai, eggs, meat, fruit, and I'm dying for a crunchy sushi roll (it's all cooked, don't worry). I also can really feel my uterus stretching and growing. It's starting to feel tight and sore but unfortunately, I just look fat still. :)

My emotions are definitely heightened already. I cry a lot. About everything. Mostly sweet things that make me go, "Awww..." I went to see the Hunger Games with Darren (woo hoo for date night!) and cried through a lot of it, which is funny because I didn't cry in the books. Aaahhh, hormones. :)

The biggest emotion I'm feeling right now is nerves. Not about having a baby, I realize now that can be a more peaceful process than I originally assumed. But I'm scared of being a parent to two little ones. Will I give them both everything they need from me? Will Isaiah feel left out? Will he adjust OK? Will they both realize just how much I love them? Will I be able to balance being a good mom of two with being a good wife to a wonderful man? I'm nervous. I love Isaiah so much and I don't want him to ever feel like he comes second to anything. And I don't want this next baby to feel that way either. I know this is probably just one of those things you figure out as it happens and somehow or another I'll survive. But the anticipation of it makes me very nervous!

I'm also much more anxious about finding out the sex early this time. Probably because we have an empty room filling up with baby stuff that I'm dying to decorate! I just wonder if we'll be making it blue or pink...

No comments:

Post a Comment