Thursday, March 15, 2012

Baby, Baby, Baby, Oh!!

The entire time I was pregnant with Isaiah, we sang that catchy pop number by the great Justin Bieber over and over again. Well, guess what. That song is back in our heads because I'm PREGNANT!!

That's right Baby Moss: the Sequel is due to make an appearance sometime around October 1st! We are beyond thrilled and can't wait to turn our family of three into a wonderful family of four. :) Life is good. We are blessed.


The baby at 6 weeks, 2 days.


Right now I'm about 12 weeks and feeling good - well, let's just say much better! More than anything right now I'm. just. so. tired. It was definitely a rough last 6 weeks. All the patterns of nausea were very similar to when I was pregnant with Isaiah but this time I actually had to run to the bathroom...a lot. Probably because while running after a one year old I don't have many opportunities to lay down with some saltines until the wave of sickness passes. And proof is in the numbers, at my doctor's appointment last week I lost 7 pounds. It just means my body is working on growing this baby, right? It's a small price to pay for my sweet baby #2.


12 weeks! Starting to poke out much faster this time. My body must know what's happening. :)



My mama's boy had to get in the shot. ;)

Here's the story of how we found out and all the happenings so far in this pregnancy:

Darren and I decided we wanted our second baby to be pretty close in age to Isaiah. When my (TMI ALERT) cycle returned in December we decided to just let it happen. And it did. Quickly. Come January I was a week or two late but wasn't really sure how "regular" I'd be since I was still nursing. I went ahead and took a test...positive! I immediately started crying and said, "Isaiah, you're going to be a big brother!" He smiled and hugged me like he knew exactly what I said. Sweet, huh?



Since Darren was at work, I decided to wrap the test up and give it to him when he got home. He was needless to say kind of shocked. Although I think we both would be just as shocked if we had being trying for a year as opposed to a month. There's no surprise like finding out there's a little life growing in your tummy.

We've slowly been telling friends and family this last month or so and have been covered in prayer. I thought long and hard about posting about a scare we had on the Superbowl and decided I should because, well, it could happen to ANY mama and when it happened to me I thought I was the only one in the world. So, here it goes...after church on Superbowl Sunday (I was about 6 weeks), we were driving to get some donuts and I felt something and my heart just sunk. I started bleeding. A lot. I was terrified. I called the on call nurse and she said to take it easy, it may be a miscarriage but maybe not. The next day my doctor sent me to get an ultrasound. And there we saw the sweet little peanut's heart flickering. Thank God!

The next day at my doctor's office we learned there was a bloody mass next to the baby. She said it could mean: 1) There was a tear between the placenta and uterus wall which means we need to take easier this pregnancy (no running) and be on watch for possible pre-term labor later on, or 2) I miscarried a twin, which doesn't pose any risk for this pregnancy just sadness about another life that could have been.

At about 10 1/2 weeks we went in for a check up and were able to hear the heart beating - best sound ever! Regardless of the scare and worry, we are thankful to still be pregnant with this baby. How blessed are we? God gave us a baby as great as Isaiah and now we get another one! I feel like we've won the lottery. And yes, the water works for this pregnancy are out in full force already. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I love hearing about the surprise of finding out you're pregnant. There's nothing else in the world that's like that feeling! So happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family! What wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete