Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Isaiah's First Christmas!


No way!



Santa came!








This was the best Christmas I've ever had. After spending the last three Christmas's in San Diego it was great to spend this one in Washington with all our families but most of all, with our little guy. I thoroughly loved creating this memory with him.

We did Christmas with Darren's mom early in the week and it was low key and warmed Isaiah up to opening presents - I think he loved playing with the dog and wrapping paper most. Then Christmas Eve was spent with my family. We went to Capital Christian Center's Christmas Eve production at the Performing Arts Center. It was A.MAZ.ING. Besides the fact that we were on the fourth balcony and terrified, the music was great and the message was fabulous. I get chills every time I hear the story of the birth of Christ. This year brought tears to my eyes. Knowing how much I unconditionally love Isaiah reminds me of how incredible it is that God loves us even more. So much that he sent HIS son to live and die for US. Words cannot explain how great God is. In the pastor's message he said all God wants is a relationship from us. That's it. An open honest relationship. Because it's better to have a relationship with forgiveness than a relationship with answers. I love that.

After the service we went to my parent's to open gifts and EAT, EAT, EAT! Again, amazing. My brother made smoked sausage and ham and my dad made prime rib. I about died it was so good. Once we started opening presents it was chaotic, crazy, and wonderful. With all the grand kids there it was hard to distinguish who got who what and where things were buried under all that paper, boxes and bows. And again, amazing. The excitement of Christmas with the Scott family definitely tuckered Isaiah out. He seriously did not move from one position all night.

Christmas morning was a little more mellow than the night before but equally wonderful. Santa laid out his gifts nicely but instead of taring into them, he decided to eat a leftover Santa cookie. Aaah, memories. Isaiah loves all his gifts and Grady helped open most of them. That night Darren's dad and sister came over for dinner. We had a crock pot ham and I swear I'm never baking one again - it was soooo delicious. After everyone left we capped off the night with a glass of wine and we all never slept so good.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Here are pictures from Christmas with Grandma Chris:






Here are some from Christmas Eve (I hardly took any, it was a little crazy!):






And, a few from Christmas night:


1 comment:

  1. Love that you posted these pictures! Hopefully I will get to mine soon!

    ReplyDelete