Thursday, September 15, 2011

Isaiah's Check Up

First off, we love our new pediatrician, Dr. Delgado. He is so great! I really felt like he enjoys what he does and I could tell he loves children. He really took the time to answer ALL of my teeny tiny questions and concerns thoroughly and was very sweet and loving toward Isaiah. Being that he is checking up on someone so very precious to us, I was so thankful he made me feel like I was an important part of his day. Hands down, great doctor!!!

Isaiah is 23 lbs. 4 oz. and 28.5 inches long. He's in the 96th percentile for weight and 88th percentile for height - definitely a big and healthy boy! Dr. Delgado said his motor skills and social skills are excellent and he thinks he'll be crawling in no time. He pulls up on his knees from a sitting position and last night he pulled himself up into a standing position! I can't believe how quickly he is growing up!

Dr. Delgado loves how I'm introducing solid foods and thinks it's great he's already self-feeding. He did recommend starting meat for the iron content. Since he only nurses 4 times each day he may not be getting enough from me. We also started a fluoride supplement for those little teeth he has.

He thinks Isaiah's probably waking up in the middle of the night now because we're staying with my family. The "stress" from the move, living with more people, Darren starting a new job, and buying a house, etc. is probably just causing him to wake up and want his mama. He said to not worry about it until we get settled in our new house and that right now Isaiah just might need a little more comfort from mom and dad so don't worry about him getting into our bed. I love that! And I think he's totally right on.

Just a few more weeks, little man, and we'll finally be settled in our home sweet home!

No comments:

Post a Comment