Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Isaiah is 4 Months Old!



Today we went to visit Dr. Chu for Isaiah's 4 month check up. It's hard to believe that just 4 months ago we met him for the first time. So much has happened and changed since then but not a moment goes by where I don't think of that day - we are so blessed to have such a wonderful boy join our family.

Isaiah weighs 19 lbs. 9 oz. and is 25 inches long. Dr. Chu was very impressed with my breastfeeding and fascinated when I told her that when we bottle my breast milk, the tube (from the Dr. Brown's bottles) gets very oily. She said not every mama makes milk like that. Go me! After going over every inch of his cute little body there was only one thing she was concerned about. The right back side of his head is a little flatter than the other (something Darren and I pointed out). Since he has to turn his head to the right to look at us when he's in his crib and on the changing table, she suggested we flip him around so he has to look the other way to even it out. Nothing to really worry about though.

After checking him out, Isaiah received 3 vaccinations (1 oral, 2 shots) for polio, pneumococcal disease, DTaP, rotavirus, and Hib. This time we got the baby tylenol flowing before getting them. He took the oral vaccination no problem, didn't even cry for the first shot, then cried a little for the second. He was so brave - we're so proud of him! He took a quick nap and so far is just relaxing. Overall, Isaiah is doing excellent health wise and Dr. Chu was impressed with his strength during tummy time, coordination, and ability to say his ma's, la's, da's, ga's, etc. :)



Here are some updates on the little man...

Isaiah blows raspberries all the time now. He usually gets very excited when he does it and laughs at himself. He also starts laughing and smiling if you do it back to him. It's so funny! He also starts blowing after he's done nursing but still latched, which can cause quite a mess/spray if you know what I mean. Oh how the little things seem to be the most fun!

He's becoming ticklish and giggles when I blow on his belly or tickle his armpits. Bath time is all kinds of fun because now he gets to sit on the toddler side so he can sit up and splash with his legs. It's hilarious because he's so serious! (see video below) He also says "mama" when he cries and "dada" when he plays and I've even heard an "uh huh" a few times. I realize he can't associate these words/sounds with what they mean yet but it sure is cute and exciting that he's learning so much.

His coordination is getting really good too and along with grabbing all his toys, he can really yank on my hair, necklaces, and shirt when he's hungry. Then he grabs my nurse before he latches. It's pretty cute! Now that he doesn't always nurse to sleep, when he's done he pulls off and smiles so big at me with his face covered in milk like, "This is so good, mom!" PRICELESS!

Breastfeeding has also been going great! I'm so thankful I stuck it out...the best things don't always come easy, right? We stopped giving him a bottle at night because Darren started working nights and it's too hard to give him a bottle and pump on my own. So I can now say he is 100% breastfed and I'm proud of it! I have a big, healthy boy that runs on this mama's milk only! ;) I've also found that he didn't sleep longer when he got formula or bottled breast milk verses nursing. I just needed to be patient - sleeping through the night just takes time. Actually, he goes to sleep much faster at night now that he's nursing then instead of getting a bottle. He generally is asleep between 9 and 10 until 5 or 6 (lately it's been 9 - 7, praise God!) and back asleep until 8 or so. He does have nights where he wakes up at 3, 5, and 7 but those nights are becoming few and far between so I'm OK with it.

Isaiah has rolled over belly to back 3 times total and just rolled over back to belly on Sunday! He was so proud of himself. He held his chest up high and smiled so big! He rolls over like this all the time now! He's also a scooter while on his back and kicks those legs like he wants to crawl while on his belly. He's close to sitting on his own and standing is still his preferred position. He enjoys singing, dancing, snuggling, yelling, and talking. He's quite the catch, I must say! ;)



Waiting for the doctor!

Doing the inch worm crawl already!

No comments:

Post a Comment