Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Meeting Auntie Jessie!


This last weekend Jessica came down (pregnant belly and all!) to meet Isaiah. It was sooooo good to see her! Not only do I really miss my sister but I was in major need of a dose of Washington. There is so much love in this world for Isaiah but it's so special to see how much and how instant family loves him - there's nothing like it! Isaiah loved her! He was very smiley and well-behaved (of course) the whole time she was here. Jess also held him a ton and played with him all day. I'm so used to it being just me all day and night when Darren's at work that I felt so weird not having to hold him all the time. My back needed the break! Jess is such a great mom to her two boys that I knew she'd be an amazing aunt.

She and Isaiah did lots of tummy time, reading books, floor time, and snuggle time. He's been a lot more vocal the last week so it was fun for Jess to hear him yell and squeal all the live long day. He had so much to tell her! It was so fun! I was hoping he'd roll over for her on his own but he still hasn't done it since those two times last month...hmmmm. Either he can't figure out how to do it again or he just doesn't want to! He is doing great with tummy time and he's been smiling as he holds his chest in the air - he must feel like a big boy! He also is scooting a lot on his tummy and back. He doesn't get far and sometimes he spins in circles but it's so fun to see him mobile.


Jumping on baby Sidney! It was also fun to have Jess be so far along while she was here so I could feel her kicking and moving around in Jessica's tummy. I really miss that part of being pregnant! Luckily, Jess and I both love talking about babies and being preggo (the good, the bad, and the ugly), so we got a lot of girl/mommy talk in. Being pregnant and having babies is such a miracle - we're both so fascinated!


Jess was playing peek-a-boo with the little. :)

Jessica also gave us a date night - our first since Isaiah has been born. I've had plenty of offers in the last 3 months to babysit but I've just been so nervous about leaving him with anyone other than Darren. Jess offered while she was here and I thought, OK, it's time to rip the bandaid off and just do it. We got pretty dolled up and went to Shogun Sushi. I cried as soon as we got in the car - it doesn't feel right leaving him! Once we reached the restaurant I had relaxed. We had a couple drinks and watched the chef prepare our steak and scallops in front of us. It was delicious and entertaining and so nice to have a conversation with the other love of my life. :)

At Shogun Sushi

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you were able to spend time with your sister and go on a date night with Darren. I can't believe how big Isaiah is getting. I hope you can make a trip to Washington sometime soon with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great time with your sis, and a great date night out!

    ReplyDelete