Sunday, February 6, 2011

40 Weeks - We Can't Wait to Meet Our Baby Boy!



We are 40 weeks and I am so ready to have a baby! I'm very tired and just plain ol' squished! But the time has come for us to meet our new little man and we are so excited. For our last night together Darren and I are going to enjoy pizza and football, valentine's day cookies, fruit and sparkling cider. :)

The plan for Monday is to go to my 40 week check up in the morning, pick up my mom from the airport in the afternoon, and check in to the hospital at 6:45 p.m. to be induced. As of right now, they plan on using Cervidil or Cytotec (I can't remember which) to soften the cervix and stimulate contractions. They said they'll need to do this before adding in Pitocin because Isaiah is only 60% effaced. Sometimes this will trigger labor without having to add Pitocin but we'll see how it goes!

They'll insert the medication every four hours throughout the night until things get going or I'm ready for Pitocin. He will most likely be born on Tuesday and it will be the best birthday present I've ever received! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am SO SO excited! Can't wait to see baby Isaiah! Enjoy your night together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for you and Darren and can't wait to see pictures of baby Isaiah!

    ReplyDelete