Sunday, January 30, 2011

39 Weeks - DONE.


I've been fortunate enough to not get any stretch marks but geez-louise, the skin on my belly is transluscent!

Let me just warn all readers that this post is not sparing any details. If you don't want to hear about the weird stuff my body is doing, I suggest you don't continue reading. :)

First off, Hearing "you're almost done" or "you're almost there" at this point in the pregnancy is one of the last things I want to hear. "Almost" isn't good enough when I feel like I've been done for the last week. It's also hard to describe how I feel because it's constantly changing - I have my moments of feeling great and then I have moments of wanting to perform my own c-section. I really just don't feel very good!

At this point, I'm just really tired. I wake up every two hours to pee and then when I wake up to start my day I feel very fluish - very blech. It's also getting harder and harder to roll over to my other side (which I have to do frequently because whatever side I'm laying on falls asleep).

I think the anxiety is starting to set in too. When is Isaiah going to be here? Am I going to go into labor or is my water going to break? Not knowing is really tough for a planner like me. I experienced some brownish-pink colored "show" this last week for two days and then...NOTHING. I'm also leaking colustrum - so weird - and my ta-ta's somehow grew some more. My contractions are increasing and turning more into feeling the urge to have a bowel movement than before.

I'm also fairly certain Isaiah grew a great deal this week because he's all up in my ribs and I can't take deep breaths anymore, yet I can still feel his big ol' head rotate on my bladder (I felt some relief from this a few weeks ago when he dropped). Darren is constantly asking me if I'm OK because I sigh like crazy! At least I'm getting a deep breath in here and there.

I know all the pre-labor symptoms can happen at anytime and nothing really determines how soon labor will happen, it just lets you know it's "close." So, we just have to wonder how "close" it is...

I'm trying really hard to be patient and positive but it's REALLY getting tough. I want to meet Isaiah sooooo badly and I'm ready to feel all his kicks, jabs, and other kung-fu moves outisde of my belly. I don't want to be pregnant anymore!


Here's this week's blurb:

Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.

3 comments:

  1. Caitlin, i'm so sorry you're uncomfortable! You know i'm all about being real these days, so let's just say that pregnancy has some ROUGH times! Ugh. But we love our baby boys, so it's worth it. Thank goodness he can't stay in there forever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so freggin CUUUUUTE! But I totally know how you feel. The end is the worst! And that isn't even a good word for it. It is beyond the worst: emotional, horrible, uncomfortable, gross...and people are so annoying when they say, "pretty soon!" or "Any day now!"

    One thing that did make me feel better at the end was a lot of baths, elevating my feet way up in the air (like on your headboard or something), and propping pillows all around you so that you can lay on your belly (if you can make a hole for your belly to hang through).

    I might be one of those annoying people right now but I speak from experience when I say it is over SO fast. You will look back and not even remember how slow time is passing right now. There were times after I had Wyatt that I said to myself, how could I have possibly complained about being uncomfortable/not sleeping during pregnancy because now Wyatt is here and I sleep less, my boobs hurt, my stomach hurts, my vag hurts...WAY more uncomfortable!!

    Hang in there! You deserve a metal or diamonds or something for all your doing. But I promise, it will be over soon and you will never look back and say it wasn't worth it or even remember how hard it was.

    I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess,

    I love your honesty/advice about post-pregnancy! Especially with everything including the vag hurting.....how pleasant what we woman go through :) But worth it all, right!?!

    ReplyDelete