Sunday, January 23, 2011

38 Weeks - Hungry, Hungry Hippo



Darren and I spent the day at the beach this weekend - we splurged on ice cream and cheeseburgers and it was so worth it. :)

Let me just say I am fully aware that I'm eating everything in sight. I've had cravings throughout the pregnancy but I remember being much more capable of stopping eating. I AM SO HUNGRY! I try to make sure my food intake mostly consists of healthy food but I've slipped in some sweets and grease here and there. I'm not sure if it's because Isaiah keeps dropping so I have more and more room in my tummy to stuff with food or if I'm carb-loading for the big marathon of labor!

Other than eating everything, I've been feeling pretty good. I enjoyed my first week off work - I got some much needed sleep, exercise, and organization done. I've been feeling less and less anxious about Isaiah hurrying up to get here - I think not having the stress and time constraints of work have made a huge difference. I still have many of the early labor symptoms - bathroom breaks, mentsral-feeling cramps, lower back cramps, BH contractions, slower movement from Isaiah (babies usually rest up before delivery), and a TON of pressure downstairs - so it still could be sooner or it could be later...Until the day God has chosen arrives, I'm going to rest, enjoy my husband, eat, and watch A Baby Story on TLC. After all, I won't be pregnant forever!





Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old.

1 comment:

  1. I hope I look as good as you at 39 weeks! Can't wait for Isaiah to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete