Sunday, January 9, 2011

36 Weeks - Are We There Yet? No....



36 Weeks! YAY! 1 more week until I'm done with work, we're full term, and Darren and I feel much better about me going into labor. I could definitely feel some major growth these last few days. My belly is much tighter and my belly button has almost popped out. Darren says it's the oven timer - when it pops out, he can come. But I'm starting to wonder if it will ever pop out completely. Isaiah seems to continue to drop (lots of potty breaks for me!) and I'm starting to feel my ligaments in my hips, legs, and even toes loosen a bit. I've also been so hungry these last few days. I'm not sure if it's because he's dropped and all of a sudden I have space to eat that I haven't had for a while OR if he's simply packing on the pounds too, making me feel hungry much faster. Either way, we only have a few weeks left so I'm going to eat when hungry with no guilt. :)

We have an appointment on Wednesday to see if there's any more progress...I'm anxious to find out!


Here's what's going on inside this week:

Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He is shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely he's in a head-down position, but if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where he'll try to turn your baby by manipulating his from the outside of your belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment