Saturday, January 1, 2011

35 Weeks - C'mon, Isaiah!



We are 35 weeks and I feel reeeeaaaallly pregnant! I actually had a pretty tough week and I think it might have been from the busy weekend with family. My parents and Riley went home Monday night and my mom and I sobbed. I have an amazing husband and he is such a great support system for me but having a baby is BIG DEAL and sometimes I feel like I still need my mommy.

I ended up getting sick in the car on the way to work on Tuesday. Yes, while driving on the freeway. I quickly grabbed my lunch bag, dumped its contents, and let it go while I was making my way to the right lane. Talk about skill - I didn't make a mess at all! But I was miserable the rest of the day - very tired, very nauseous, very over-it. I wound up calling in sick on Wednesday and got a ton of much needed rest. After Darren went to work around 1 p.m. I got a huge burst of energy and took down all the Christmas decorations and deep cleaned our apartment. I even reorganized 2 of the hall closets. After a few hours of that, I tried to sit down and rest but kept feeling the urge to get up and organize/reorganize something else. I was a maniac! Darren says I'm nesting. :)

This last weekend we washed all the baby clothes and put them away. I also packed the hospital bag and diaper bag. Some people might say it's too early but I would much rather have it all ready to go than not! After all, we only have 2 weeks left until we're full term. :) Is it too early to put the car seat in the car?

For the most part, I'm feeling pretty good. I feel huge but I can still manage to get off the couch on my own, play with my dog on the floor, and I have almost a waddle-free walk. People keep saying I'm all belly but let's be real, I have a few extra pounds here and there. Oh well, I'll get my body back one day....

The amount of contractions I get on a daily basis is increasing. My back muscles are starting to feel more and more sore (more massages for me!) and my tail bone is aching too. I'm also still getting more sharp pains in my pelvic region. I can tell this boy is dropping because I have more space for food in my stomach, can breathe a little easier, and I have to pee more frequently.

Yesterday I had 4 or 5 consistent contractions within an hour. They weren't painful just a lot in a short period of time. Darren and I looked at each other and said, "This can't be it - we still need to hang on for two weeks." I think it's just my body gearing up for labor!! I hope Isaiah gets here early but not too early! We still need to hang on for at least 2 more weeks!

Here's the update for the week...

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment