Monday, December 27, 2010

34 Weeks! (6 Weeks to go!)


I'm officially huge.

Look how much he has dropped! We must be getting close...

The closer we get to the end, the more people tell me how early their baby was. Some people we know even had their babies before 34 weeks and they have had no medical problems what so ever. It definitely makes me feel like, "PHEW!" Not that I'm worried about pre-term labor too much but it is satisfying to know that if it does happen, there's a great chance he will be just fine!

As for the update for this week, I'm getting about 3-5 Braxton Hicks contractions each day, my belly bumps everyone when I hug them, I have to pee all the time, and I'm just so tired. But for the most part, I'm still keeping up with everyone (with some assistance from my awesome husband and parents). We had a very busy holiday weekend (pictures to come) with my parents, Riley, aunt, and cousins in town. I was still able to make dinner for 12 people, go to church, go shopping, walk around Coronado and La Jolla, and go out to numerous dinners. It was busy but it's always great spending time with people you love. I cried and cried when it was time to say goodbye to my family - next time I see them, I'm going to be a mom!




Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers – which she'll need to regulate her body temperature once she's born – are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

1 comment: