Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Birthing Class: Night One

We started birthing class last night - it was pretty hysterical. I think I'm going to enjoy it. It's fun sitting in a room of women that are all due around my same due date - I'm small compared to some and big compared to others. That just proves that no two pregnancies are alike!

It was interesting for Darren and I to learn about all the anatomy changes my body is going through and also talk more about the scary preterm labor stuff (one thing I've noticed my doctor's don't go into too much detail about - probably so they don't scare me). At the very end we did relaxation and breathing. We cuddled up on the floor and took deep breaths. I really could've fallen asleep but Darren and I couldn't really keep a straight face because Isaiah would NOT stop moving! I mean crazy, alien movement. I think he liked the music or just wanted to know what the heck was going on. It's so distracting - gosh, I love him!

One thing the instructor reminded us about when we said our baby is active is "active in, active out." I have no doubt that we have an athlete on our hands. Isaiah is destined to throw a football, run some laps, and shoot a few hoops. After all, he practices every day and night in my belly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment