Monday, November 8, 2010

27 Weeks! Helloooo 3rd Trimester!





We're 27 weeks and starting off the 3rd trimester and feeling good! More swollen than usual but less sore also. I just came back from Washington last night and I have say, flying while pregnant isn't any fun - only because there's no room to stretch, sleeping isn't really possible, and your circulation gets all funky from sitting and traveling. Then comes swelling! Holy moly! I got home last night with sausages for fingers and toes and my ankles were a little swollen too. I was also exhausted from the busy weekend so decided to stay home today to recover.

I had a great time in Washington - I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to but I spent a lot of time with my sisters and brother and nephews and brother-in-laws and mom and dad. I felt very emotional the whole time and did a lot of crying (of course). I just love and miss them so much! It's very hard being away from them but especially hard since the biggest event of my life is in the process of making his debut. I have to remind myself that living down in San Diego is only temporary and we'll be home to Washington before we know it but I sure have missed out and continue to miss out on all the happenings up there.

Gavin and Wyatt are totally different kids since I last saw them; Riley is practically a grown up; and I wish I could be there for my parents and other siblings with whatever they may be going through. With the holiday season quickly approaching, I'm counting down the days to eat some turkey, then spend Christmas with my parents and Riley in town, and then the arrival Mr. Isaiah Moss. :) THEN we will surely be making our way to home sweet home. I'm praying hard that it all goes well and that God agrees with my plan. :) Please keep us in your prayers. We want to go home!!! :)

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

1 comment:

  1. Is it your time is passing by so quickly? ha...ha..ha..you know When I was pregnant the doc said I would feel great in the 3rd trimester but then towards the end everything kicks back in, like peeing all the time because of the pressure, being tired, cravings, it's all normal. It's very normal to have the symptoms back in the 3rd trimester.27 weeks pregnant

    ReplyDelete