Monday, November 1, 2010

26 Weeks! Last Week of the 2nd Trimester



Check out that belly button! IT'S HUGE!

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take two to three days.


This week's update: tired and grouchy. I try to be nice but people get on my nerves much faster these days. It doesn't help that I'm tired - actually, that probably makes it worse. I'm starting to feel like I wake up on the wrong side of the bed every day. I also got my results from my first gestational diabetes test back - I failed. That just meant I had to go back and this time I had to fast for 12 hours, get my blood drawn, drink the sugar drink (much worse on an empty stomach), wait an hour, get my blood drawn, wait another hour, get my blood drawn, wait another hour, and get my blood drawn. Luckily I don't have an issue with blood or needles. We're still waiting on those results but I'm hoping I don't have GD. I mean, what pregnant lady wants to be denied pumpkin pie during the holidays?

On a happier note, Isaiah is still moving around a whole bunch and I can literally feel him getting bigger and stronger. He also loves his daddy - he responds to his voice more than anyone else. The other night, I was laying on the couch and Darren would say, "Hi, Isaiah - can you kick for me?" And BOOM he'd kick - he loves his daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment