Monday, September 27, 2010

21 Weeks and Mama is Sick...but Daddy felt Isaiah kick!


Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

Isaiah is doing great but I feel awful! Somehow after all my flu vaccinations, prenatal vitamins, and daily vitamin C - I still got the common cold! Ugh. Being sick is never any fun but the worst thing about being sick while pregnant is how many of my go-to sicky meds are off limits. I never realized how much I rely on Dayquil and Nyquil! So I'm stuck with Sudafed and Robotussin - so I'm not totally out of luck but as my mama said, "Everything hurts worse when you're pregnant." I even stayed home from work today on one of our busiest days of the month. I feel awful and I hate missing work but I've got a little boy inside of me to take care of and if I want him to be big and strong, I need to get rest and get well.

To make matters even more uncomfortable, San Diego is having record heat for this time of year. Yesterday it was 105 degrees (no one went outside) and today it's supposed to be even hotter - ICKY! Thank goodness for AC! We have it blasting in our apartment so I can cozy up to my green tea and chicken noodle soup without breaking a sweat.

Despite all the icky germs I have going on, something very exciting happened in the wee hours this morning...DARREN FELT ISAIAH KICK!!! It was pretty incredible especially since he felt it so early in the pregnancy.

With all my tossing and turning and coughing, I wasn't only keeping Darren awake, but I was keeping Isaiah awake too! He was a maniac all night (and I can definitely feel him getting stronger). I was laying on my back half awake and Darren had his hand on my belly. Then Darren was like, "Whoa...I felt Isaiah move!" That woke me all the way up, "You felt that?!" He sure did! He said it felt like my heartbeat in my belly at first (like a pulsing feeling) except there wasn't much of a pattern. Darren says Isaiah was still excited from all the football we watched on Sunday. :) I think he's going to be a Seahawk fan!

I'm so happy Darren got to feel our little man squirming around - it makes everything feel that much more real and both of us feel even more connected. We never stop talking about him - who's he going to be? Who will he look like? How much will he weigh? We go on and on...we can't wait to see his cute little face!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment